This quick and easy Mexican salad made ahead will turn your next meal into a fiesta.
- 1 1/2 cups of quinoa
- 2 1/4 cups water
- 1 green capsicum
- 1 cup black beans
- Punnet cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup coriander
- Chilli lime dressing
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 small chilli, deseeded & finely chopped
- salt & pepper
- Lightly toast quinoa on medium heat for a few minutes to bring out the nuttiness of the quinoa.
- Add water to pan and bring to boiling point. Once on boil, reduce heat to low and simmer covered until quinoa is fluffy and the liquid as absorbed.
- Chilli lime dressing: Combine all the ingredients together and set aside.
- After quinoa is cooked, give it a quick stir to fluff up and transfer to a bowl. Add vegetables and chilli dressing and stir gently to combine. Sprinkle with coriander and chill before serving.
See more recipes here!